Thursday, May 9, 2013

Shout Out To My Blog Readers + Dark And Lovely Knot Out Product Review


Shout Out To My Readers!!!


First off I would like to say that my blog readership has grown a lot over the past 8-9 months. I think it is because I have been posting more. I check the stats of the blog everyday and I am always surprised to see what countries pop up. Of course I have readers from the US, Canada, and the UK, but I am always surprised by what other countries visit. There has been a country I had never even heard of called Suriname which is located in South America, there are quite a bit of readers from Ukraine, Russia and the Netherlands. Germany pops up every now and then (Hello Yori!). Of course there are lots of places in the Caribbean like Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and St. Lucia. And there are lots of African countries like Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa that are regular visitors. I have not had any Asian visitors though....lol.

So hello to all my blog readers and thanks for reading! Please leave a comment down below and post your website or blog!

Dark and Lovely Knot Out Product Review



Ingredients: AQUA / WATER / EAU, CETEARYL A L C O H O L , E L A E I S G U I N E E N S I S O I L / PA L M O I L , BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, STEARAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, MANGIFERA INDICA S E E D O I L / M A N G O S E E D O I L , C A P RY L I C / C A P R I C , T R I G LY C E R I D E , C I T R I C A C I D , C H L O R H E X I D I N E DIHYDROCHLORIDE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS EXTRACT.

I have been spending a lot of time at my boo's house. I don't have my usual arsenal of coconut oil, shea butter, oils, essential oils, honey, and ACV at his place to make my hair products so in a pinch I went to Target and saw that Dark and Lovely has come out with a line for natural hair.

Now let me just say that when I went natural back in the day the only thing we had was pretty much Carol's Daughter and Miss Jessies. That is it. These products were hard to purchase at local stores. They were always sold out or we had to order online. That is why a lot of old school naturals started making their own products. After that a few other independent lines started coming out with products for kinky hair. Then about 4-5 years ago it seems that the major hair companies such as Soft-Sheen Carson, Loreal and the others realized that they too could get black women's dollars and started creating natural hair care lines.

I am usually very, very suspicious of larger white owned corporations and their natural hair products. They usually use ingredients that are cheap and are not beneficial to the health of hair. I have nationalist roots (black power fist) so I really do believe in supporting black owned companies. If I do buy a hair product I try to use one without glycerin, alcohol, or silicones (explanations to come in a later post). With all that being said, I was in a pinch and needed to wash and detangle my hair. I chose this product because it said it had good "slip" and it was cheap. The ingredients are very questionable though. This has silicones and alcohol lol. So I will leave this at his house and only use when desperate.

As far as how it worked, it worked really well. It did have nice to it and a little went a long way. My hair detangled with ease and it was soft, though I can't attribute that to the detangle exclusively.  So an A for how it worked and an F on the ingredients.

So you may ask why did I not choose a black owned detangler. Because they are too darn expensive lol. I don't have $15 to spend on a bottle that will last a month. For me, it is not worth it. I will continue to make my own for much cheaper.

How do you all feel about the larger commercial companies making kinky haired products? Do you feel they are just jumping on the bandwagon?





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?