Monday, January 27, 2014

Crochet Braids using Gogo Curl by Freetress

Gogo Curl Fretless Crochet braids

I installed this set on Jan 5. I took out my last set due to the braids being loose underneath. I really liked how it looked, but due to the bad foundation, the style had to be taken down prematurely. 


Me cutting the braids out.

I got Lola to braid my hair. She is African so you know she did a good job!

It hurt! I'm joking, It did not hurt...that much.

Finished braids. I like to have my "baby hair" left out to prevent hairline breakage. 




Next I installed the hair. It is called GoGo Curl by Freetress. 

Day 1

Day 3




















I have very mixed feelings about this hair. I think it is beautiful. On the other hand I had some serious problems with it. One problem I had was the knots at the bas of my hair coming loose.

Loose knots.
 I tried to double and triple knot, tie it down, I tried several methods. The hair is too loose to knot effectively. I saw online that some people used spritz or glue to keep the knots in place. Maybe I will try that next time. Everyday I had to tighten up loosed knots. Eventually the hair became so tangled that I did not even need to tighten the knots anymore. 

Which leads to my second issue with the hair. It tangles to easily. Now, I am a get up and go type person. I did not sleep with a satin scarf over this. I did not brush it or comb it, or even wash it. It is a weave so I feel it should be low maintence. After the third week I had to cut off chunks of the hair. 

Week One

Week Two




















As you can see by week two the hair looked less fuller because some of it was matted and knotted. Week Three it looked a total hot mess and I took it down. 

Would I buy Gogo Curl again? Nope. But, it was cute while it lasted.

8 comments:

  1. so pretty. it looks nice on you.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What colors did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for posting this was helpful. i love the curls but the knotting and matting issue you pointed out are helpful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I think you are my doppleganger!!!! Contact me and I'll send you a pic of myself. I'm wearing go-go curl right now too lol

    Jusmar2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video we just subscribed!
    You can purchase here
    http://www.wigs4us.com/Freetress-Crochet-GoGo-curl-12_p_222.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could the tangling be due tothe knots coming out.

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say?