Monday, September 17, 2012

Kinky Gal Christelle



Tell us about yourself.
My name is Christelle and I am 23 years old.
I am from Cameroon originally, been living in the DC/ Baltimore area for the past 9 years.


What is your hair journey?
Well, my hair never really responded well to relaxers, I first relaxed my hair my 11th grade year and it has been downhill from there. I went natural again three years ago, I couldn't keep up with the relaxers anyway, and I never knew what to do with my relaxed hair so I just gave up and cut it all off. I did not transition, I just cut it all off.






I was only relaxed for three years out of my life, I never liked them, and my dislike for them grew when I took chemistry in college and found out what all the chemicals found in them really do to your homeostasis.




What is your hair texture?
I don't know much about hair textures lol but I have really tight curls and kinky hair!
 




 

What is your hair care routine?
I do not have much time, so my hair is pretty much always into some protective style, when I take it out, I condition it, and wear it out for maybe two weeks or so, and put it back into some braids.I think I am just getting into really caring and loving my hair, and actually trying out different products, which by the way can be very costly. I live for all of shea's naturals products, haven't really tried anything else.

Who is your natural hair celebrity icon?
My hair icon is Tracy Ellis Ross...granted we have different textures but i just love love her hair.

What has helped your hair growth?
I am pretty sure, not combing my hair and messing with it every night helps my hair to grow tremendously.

What is your current hair goal?
I want my hair to grow as long and as healthy as it pleases, I just colored it, and I am trying to figure out how I feel about it.


How do men respond to your natural hair?
The men I meet at least always love my hair, never had any issues really. I believe it is all in how you care for your hair and the styles you wear.





Anything else you would like to tell us?
I enjoy being natural, I have no idea why I ever relaxed. I kinda wish I hadn't i keep imagining how long my hair would be. 

I have a friend who has been natural all her life.  I will post a pic. And her hair is beautiful!


Friend with beautiful hair





 Wow her hair looks awesome. What do you all think about Christelle?








No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?