Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Felt Like Cooking

So I am off work. I have a little more free time than normal. So I decided to go grocery shopping and cook. I was quickly reminded why I don't cook that much. I don't mind cooking. I love cooking. I hate cleaning up. That is why I usually cook at my BF house. He cleans up (usually).

Today I made plantains, coconut rice, and spinach seasoned with thyme and garlic, salt and pepper. It was a simple meal but very tasty.


First I chopped half an onion, half a tomato, and one clove of garlic.


Next I sliced the plantain diagonally. This sticker was on it.  I thought it was cute!

The onions and garlic were sauteed. 

At this time I also started cooking the plantain. I used coconut oil and fried them over med heat. 

Next I added tomatoes to the onions and garlic. I also added thyme, salt and pepper,and red pepper for spice. 

I added the spinach. This is one of those pre washed spinach box thingys. It seems like a lot...

...but this is what it amounts too lol. 

Lunch is served! 


 To make the coconut rice I just put a can of coconut milk in the rice cooker instead of water. The sweetness balanced out the spiciness of the spinach. I have eaten...Now I am ready for a nap. Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?